The “not for profit” lie is so bold, so obvious, so outrageous, that it’s difficult to understand how it’s survived this long.
The truth is precisely the opposite. Everyone in the Canadian health-care system, from top to bottom – from doctor, to nurse, to bureaucrat, to cleaner, to kitchen staff – has a guaranteed profit, guaranteed payment, often in wages that eclipse those in the private sector, regardless of quality or timeliness of patient care.
And even this isn’t enough for some – they demand guaranteed patients, through the eradication of what private sector competition there is.
The only participant who lacks a guaranteed return under this “not-for-loss” monopoly is the one paying the bill, the patient whose assets are involuntarily seized through taxation to keep the hulking, insatiable bovine alive and belching. The most powerful check and balance of all – the ability of the customer to refuse payment to protest inadequate service – has been removed from the equation.
Fear the Insatiable Belching Bovine
July 16, 2009 by Neal
- rec⋅re⋅ant [rek-ree-uhnt] –adjective 1. cowardly or craven. 2. unfaithful, disloyal, or traitorous.
- @gopmommy easy to mock those who won't hurt you. Gets a little tougher when actual risk involved. 7 years ago
- Heading home from Toronto. Calgary bound.... 7 years ago
- RT @ursay Are you happy Scott BROWN won in Mass? Vote: http://pebly.com/p/44372 7 years ago
- : http://wp.me/pzjmJ-6Q 7 years ago
- Lots of that going around: http://wp.me/pzjmJ-6P 7 years ago
Neal on Why, Everyone Knows Da Goddess on Why, Everyone Knows Neal on … Da Goddess on … hkyson on Surprise of the Day!